Wiki U07.2 Dx

Best answers
U07.2 is an ICD-10 code used by WHO, but it is not included in the ICD-10-CM, which is the set of codes that is used for reporting under the HIPAA standard, so it is not valid for claims submission or reporting in the US at this time. (ICD-10 and ICD-10-CM are two different code sets.)

U07.2 is an ICD-10 code used by WHO, but it is not included in the ICD-10-CM, which is the set of codes that is used for reporting under the HIPAA standard, so it is not valid for claims submission or reporting in the US at this time. (ICD-10 and ICD-10-CM are two different code sets.)
Thank you so much with the help!

Follow up question. I have 2 insurances that are saying they are looking for a “specific” Dx code that is not Z20.828 or Z03.818 for a primary Dx code to map the office visit to COVID-19 and waive cost sharing. Dependent on the insurance I am using CS or CR for the modifier for Covid-19 claims. I’ve read the most recent CMS guidelines ending on Sept 30, 2020 for Covid-19 at least 20 times to see if I am missing something. I cannot see anything that would say otherwise besides Z20.828 or Z03.818 for a suspected exposure or known exposure. I was hopeful that this U07.2 would be the code they are looking for but according to your response above- it is not a valid code for filing claims in the US at this time. Please let me know if you have any help on this. Thank you

Follow up question. I have 2 insurances that are saying they are looking for a “specific” Dx code that is not Z20.828 or Z03.818 for a primary Dx code to map the office visit to COVID-19 and waive cost sharing. Dependent on the insurance I am using CS or CR for the modifier for Covid-19 claims. I’ve read the most recent CMS guidelines ending on Sept 30, 2020 for Covid-19 at least 20 times to see if I am missing something. I cannot see anything that would say otherwise besides Z20.828 or Z03.818 for a suspected exposure or known exposure. I was hopeful that this U07.2 would be the code they are looking for but according to your response above- it is not a valid code for filing claims in the US at this time. Please let me know if you have any help on this. Thank you
These are really the only codes available for suspected or known exposure to COVID-19 on an asymptomatic patient at this time. If the payers are 'looking for' something more specific, then they are the ones that are going to have to direct you to a written policy or tell you what it is they are expecting or looking for to report this situation. If they are unwilling to give you this information, I would push back or escalate the question to a manager or network representative.