Ultrasound 76700,76856 and 76770

Best answers
Hello, Guys
I really need some help with finding a resource to DISPUTE the following testing, I been sending separate claims 76700 - 59, 76770 - 59 and 76856, and every insurance pay, if I submit the three Ultrasound together the insurances most of the time they do not pay the three US. The reason that i need to find a good resource is because Clover is recovery the money. now they are telling me that they follow up Medicare Guidelines. Please Help.

SharonCollachi

True Blue
Best answers
76700 - Ultrasound, abdomen complete, including liver, gall bladder, common bile duct, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, upper abdominal aorta, inferior vena cava.
76770 - Ultrasound, retroperitoneal complete, including kidneys, abdominal aorta, common iliac artery origins, inferior vena cava.
76856 - Ultrasound, pelvic (nonobstetric), complete, including uterus, adnexal structures, endometrium, bladder (female); including prostate and seminal vesicles (male).

Clearly, 76700 and 76770 overlap each other and should not both be billed. Instead, one of those two should be a limited exam (76705 or 76775) and not a complete exam.

They are correct to ask for a refund.