Wiki Ultrasound for gestation dating diagnosis code

dirrevcyc66

Best answers
An ultrasound was performed solely for gestational dating which resulted in 9 weeks. I find the following diagnosis codes: Z33.1 , Z33.3 , Z34.xx , Z36 , but none are specific to dating. The O26.84 codes don't seem appropriate either. Is there a diagnosis code specific for gestational dating? Thanks!

I would check the payer policy. Many of them list the diagnosis codes that they consider acceptable and support medical necessity. We typically utilize the supervision of pregnancy codes (Z34.XX) when it is just for dating (in the 1st trimester codes 76801, 76805) and there isn't a uterine date size discrepancy.

Hope this helps.

I would check the payer policy. Many of them list the diagnosis codes that they consider acceptable and support medical necessity. We typically utilize the supervision of pregnancy codes (Z34.XX) when it is just for dating (in the 1st trimester codes 76801, 76805) and there isn't a uterine date size discrepancy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info Stephanie!

NO YOU CANNOT USE O36.80xO FOR DATING! That is code that must have documentation indicating inconclusive fetal viability. that does not indicate that the provider is unsure of dates. Also unless there is a documented size-date discrepancy you would not use the O26.84 code. it is antenatal screening unless documented as something else.

Last edited: