Wiki Ultrasound Guidance

LeFleur180

Best answers
(Let me first mention, thank you Debra and CodingKing for your responses to my excision question - helped a lot!)

But now here's another: Practice Exam C, again, question 20. Why does the rationale refer to a paranthetical note which states, "If ultrasound guidance is used, report 0213T-0218T." The next sentence reads, "The ultrasound guidance should not be reported separately."

I know you're hampered by not being able to see the question if you don't have access to this exam... I don't know, do they expire after awhile?

Appreciate it!

Barb

The practice tests only come with 12 month access so i no longer have access to the practice tests. There are some joint injection codes that, per the code description, include fluoroscopic or CT guidance. What the rationale is saying is that 0213T-0218T is assigned to the procedure when ultrasound is used as guidance instead.

"The ultrasound guidance should not be reported separately" means you would not use a separate ultrasound CPT code.

I'm guessing the question had some answer options with a 60000 series code and an ultrasound, CT or Fluoroscopic CPT. Some probably had the code ending with a T along with a separate ultrasound code.

Thank you, C.K.!

The practice tests only come with 12 month access so i no longer have access to the practice tests. There are some joint injection codes that, per the code description, include fluoroscopic or CT guidance. What the rationale is saying is that 0213T-0218T is assigned to the procedure when ultrasound is used as guidance instead.

"The ultrasound guidance should not be reported separately" means you would not use a separate ultrasound CPT code.

I'm guessing the question had some answer options with a 60000 series code and an ultrasound, CT or Fluoroscopic CPT. Some probably had the code ending with a T along with a separate ultrasound code.

(What's this [/QUOTE] business? Sorry, I need to delve a little further into this arena, i guess.)