Wiki unlisted

jenay0311

New
Best answers
does anyone have any ideas for a comparative code for an unlisted surgery? it's for a ischiofemoral impingement. Help! I have 29999, but I need a comparative code.

does anyone have any ideas for a comparative code for an unlisted surgery? it's for a ischiofemoral impingement. Help! I have 29999, but I need a comparative code.
It's going to be really hard to come up with a comparative code without seeing an operative report. Are you able to post a description of the procedure itself? If it hasn't been performed yet, is the physician able to tell you the technique he or she plans to use? The surgeon is often the best person to ask for a comparative code since they're the ones familiar with the amount of work involved in a given procedure and can tell you what other more common procedures are similar to the one they're doing here.

Agree. Speaking with the physician to explain and compare the work they are doing to a "like" code (or codes) is best. If you are talking about this being done at the same time as a hip scope, a lot of times the additional work done would be considered included in the acetabuloplasty and/or labral repair & FAI codes (29862, 29863, 29914, 29915, 29916 codes). If not you may be able to compare to 29914 or 29915 from a work standpoint.