Wiki update for this grueling job search

mikavics

Contributor
Best answers
Last month, I got an offer for a low-paying position for a company that deals with Medicare, albeit without any coding. That job didn't work out for some reason, however, I managed to slap it on my resume. I have pasted an updated version:

MICHELE K. VICS

1344 Sumner Avenue, Schenectady, NY 12309

(513) 304-7216 . michele.vics@yahoo.com

RESUME

Objective

Medical Coder and/or related job title in a medical or insurance facility

Experience

- Was creative, analytical, detail-oriented, and organized, with aptitude for multi-tasking in fast-paced environments, while

maintaining accuracy and high-quality production

-Keyed in dollar amounts and account numbers for checks, deposits, and withdrawals to prepare for processing.

-Keyed in correct figures on MICR lines on checks coming off sorters as rejects.

-Was able to key in adjustments for certain dollar amounts to balance batches of checks to be processed.

-Performed machine-encoding and capturing of checks and other documents.

-Was skilled at finding discrepancies quickly between power encoder tape and credit slips

- Did balance credits and debits via proofing machine

-Learned to work well under pressure

-Filed invoices and driver logs. Performed data entry, checked client credit histories, and fulfilled receptionist duties.

-Worked independently to successfully complete job responsibilities.

-Keyed in time sheets; opened mail; and answered the telephone--routing calls appropriately

- Completed new-hire forms for managers.

Achievements

-Was awarded Employee of the Month for highest improvement rate with fields per hour and for serving beyond the call of duty

-Gained and applied required skills quickly to become an immediate asset to employer.

-Recognized and warded pin for longevity of employment

-Developed the ability to work effectively with diverse populations, both independently and in team-oriented settings, which

included supervisory experience and training as many as five people

-Was dedication to ongoing professional development and demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly and thoroughly

-Commended for providing a high level of customer service to individuals requiring assistance.

-Increased employee productivity by routinely making suggestions and acting as a positive role model Interacted effectively in a

team-oriented environment

Former Employers

U.S. Band, Cincinnati, OH, Proof Machine Operator, (2008–2010), IDT Operator (2006–2008), Reject Repair Clerk, 2000–2006

Auto Body Panels, Cincinnati, OH, File Clerk, 1999–2000

Kelly Services–Gibson Greetings, Cincinnati, OH Data Entry Clerk, 1997–1999

Education

Medical Billing and Coding Certification, Gwinnett Technical College, Duluth, GA 2011

Banking and Accounting Coursework, Center for Financial Training, Cincinnati, OH 2002-07

Bachelor of Arts, Studio Art, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 1986

Portfolio upon Request