Wiki upper extremity help please

scooter1

Expert
Best answers
I don't normally work with upper extremity, so I am really needing help, please.

Doctor has stated 24330, but I don't agree. I am not sure what to use, but my inclination is 25295. Please read this. I am in need of advise. Thank you

Incision was carried out over the mid-forearm along the course of the flexor pollicis longus.
The flexor pollicis longus seemed to be adherent at the site of the old fracture in the mid-portion of the radius. Careful tenolysis of all muscle fibers from the periosteum & interosseous membrane was carried out, protecting & retracting the interosseous nerve without damage. At this point, we had no further adhesions, but the contracture of the muscle & flexor tendon afforded very little extension of the wrist & concomitant extension of the thumb IP joint. So, the muscle belly was carefully then lifted off the interosseous membrane and proximally allowed to slide distally achieving an excellent tenodesis effect with the ability to fully extend the DIP joint of the index & extend the wrist. Tourniquet was released. Area was irrigated out, etc. . . . . .