Wiki Urodynamic Testing Question

kgplucker

Best answers
Hi - new coder here....
I work in an OB office and we are having an issue getting our urodynamic testing paid without it being bundled. We are trying to code out a Uroflowmetry (51741), Cystometry (51726) and a Urethal Pressure Profile and Pressure Study (51729) and the 51729 comes back bundled. How should we be coding this? Thanks!

Urodynamics

Hello fellow coder~

With these codes you would only bill the following: 51729 (complex cystometrogram; with voiding pressure studies and urethral pressure profile studies, any technique, and 51741-51 (complex uroflowmetry) make sure to include the modifier for multiple procedures.

The 51726 is bundled because if you reference the code it reads as follows: complex cystometrogram (The code 51729 already includes this and that is what makes this a bundled code) You can also refer to your NCCI edits as well.

I hope that this helps. I code for urodynamics as well. Good luck and have fun!

:eek:

Last edited:
So I started coding 51729, 51741-51, and 51797-51. I just got an EOB back with the 51797 denied saying incorrect modifier. ????

Julie,
I too have issues getting paid for these codes. I'm not sure I understand the "add-on" code versus a CPT code. Is there a brief explaination that you could offer for what exactly an add on code means?

Thanks so much in advance