Wiki Urology and Labs

Jeffs1977

Best answers
Forum Experts -

I am completely new to Urology billing. I am working with an established practice that does not bill their labs because they are scared to bill them and state there has been some significant changes with this over the past several years. Can I get some input from those that work in Urology that bill labs. Specific to a solo MD that would have to send his labs out of office. Can he bill these labs and are there any rules I need to be aware of?

Forum Experts -

I am completely new to Urology billing. I am working with an established practice that does not bill their labs because they are scared to bill them and state there has been some significant changes with this over the past several years. Can I get some input from those that work in Urology that bill labs. Specific to a solo MD that would have to send his labs out of office. Can he bill these labs and are there any rules I need to be aware of?

You would not bill for labs that are sent out for processing. The processing lab would bill for those. The office can bill for CLIA waived tests that are done in office.