Best answers
What is the ICD-10 for urosepsis ?

ICD-10 GUIDELINES:
The term urosepsis is a nonspecific term. It is
not to be considered synonymous with sepsis. It
has no default code in the A
lphabeticIndex.Should a provider use this term, he/she must be
queried for clarification.

It just depends. You need to look at what is documented, and the particular circumstances of that encounter in order to frame your query appropriately. You just have to dip your foot in the water and go for it. Be respectful and do not diagnose the patient for the provider, nor suggest alternate diagnosis. Let them know that urosepsis is not a condition that has a code and go from there. My queries are all unique and individual to the patient and the provider.

I agree with Mitchell,

From what I've seen here at the hospital, providers tend to document "urosepsis" when they are trying to describe a patient with Sepsis due to a UTI. Sometimes they are trying to just describe a UTI and sometimes both, so it can be tricky.

Depending on what they document and what the evaluation of the patient shows, I usually query the provider with a multiple choice approach. This is an example.

Question: “Urosepsis” is a nonspecific entity for coding purposes. Based on your clinical judgment, can urosepsis be further specified as:

1. Localized UTI ______

Sepsis ______

Severe sepsis with acute organ dysfunction (AKI) with GNR _____

Other ______please clarify) _______

and of course I provide him with the labs and findings they stated so they know what i'm referring to in regards my concern. What you see above is just the question portion.

hope it helps!
Marco