Wiki Using 2014 ICD10 Draft edition for Test now in 2015?

abazcoder

Networker
Best answers
Hi everyone,
Well last year when we all THOUGHT the ICD10 was going to go into effect,
my employer bought all of us in the coding dept the ICD-10 "draft" version so we'd be ready to take the proficiency exam.

As we all know, the switch to ICD10 didn't happen last year,

So now that my dept is about to take the test/module online NOW in 2015 we're all still sitting with the 2014 draft version books.

Question....
Has anyone here taken the proficiency exam/module online course with the 2014 ICD-10 draft version without a problem this year?

When I called AAPC I was told there WAS a 2015 ICD10 draft version out....
but I know my employer certainly isn't going to spring for buying us all a 2015 version of a "draft" that will be out dated as of Oct. 1st.

Bottom line....is 2014 ICD10 draft version going to be ok to get us through this proficiency exam now that we're in 2015?

Any personal experiences with this?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,
Well last year when we all THOUGHT the ICD10 was going to go into effect,
my employer bought all of us in the coding dept the ICD-10 "draft" version so we'd be ready to take the proficiency exam.

As we all know, the switch to ICD10 didn't happen last year,

So now that my dept is about to take the test/module online NOW in 2015 we're all still sitting with the 2014 draft version books.

Question....
Has anyone here taken the proficiency exam/module online course with the 2014 ICD-10 draft version without a problem this year?

When I called AAPC I was told there WAS a 2015 ICD10 draft version out....
but I know my employer certainly isn't going to spring for buying us all a 2015 version of a "draft" that will be out dated as of Oct. 1st.

Bottom line....is 2014 ICD10 draft version going to be ok to get us through this proficiency exam now that we're in 2015?

Any personal experiences with this?

Thanks!

there is no difference between the 2014 and the 2015 version of the ICD-10 CM code books. They did make one clarification in the guidelines regarding the use of the 7th character A, for initial encounter. It is not a new or even revised guideline just a clarification. you can go on line and download the 2015 guidelines for free.

Thank you so much, you have put my mind at ease!! :)
Wish me luck, I'll be glad to get through this. :)

there is no difference between the 2014 and the 2015 version of the ICD-10 CM code books. They did make one clarification in the guidelines regarding the use of the 7th character A, for initial encounter. It is not a new or even revised guideline just a clarification. you can go on line and download the 2015 guidelines for free.