Wiki Using companies from out of the country for note readins

elopezmanager

Contributor
Best answers
I work in pain management and my doctor is talking about using people from out of the country to read his notes and send feed back on note corrections/completion to help me free up my time. Currently i am the only one coding and entering charges. I have never worked like this so i am not sure how this will help me. Does anyone have feed back on how this works? He is going to schedule a meeting and i would like to have some knowledge about this type of practice. Any input will help. Thank you to everyone in advance!!!!!

I have never heard of this specific situation, but it sounds like maybe an auditing type scenario?? This company (regardless of where they are located) will provide advice about clearer documentation. If that is not a current issue for you, then it is not going to help you. However, if you now spend time trying to track down the provider with queries, then it MIGHT help if 1) the company provides good advice 2) the clinician follows that advice.
To me, sounds like just another sales pitch to the doctor. Hear them out and then decide IF it will help based on the service they provide.