• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

uterine laceration

trose45116

Expert
Best answers
does anyone know if you would bill an unlisted code for a uterine laceration. i could not find anything in the book for this.

thythaot

Best answers
Code for unlisted uterine laceration

I think this code will be help.
Check on page 49 of CPT 2007:
58999 Unlisted procedure, female genital system.
Also, if it is a diagnosis, we better use ICD-9 to describe for this. The question is not clear enough to get code for this. 639.2 in ICD-9, but with what condition?. I hope it will help.

Last edited:

amitjoshi4

Guru
Best answers
does anyone know if you would bill an unlisted code for a uterine laceration. i could not find anything in the book for this.
Go for 57720--Trachelorrhaphy, plastic repair of uterine cervix, vaginal approach

As per CDR "The physician inserts a speculum into the vagina to view the cervix. The physician performs a plastic suture repair of a laceration or wound on the cervix. A plastic repair also can encompass excising scar tissue or tightening an incompetent cervix."

Thank You