Wiki Vaccine admin code

gcohen

Guru
Best answers
We administered childhood vaccine and Phizer, submitted 90460 and admin for Phizer. Insurance denying 90460 as being inclusive to 0001A. Anyone seeing this, any suggestions other than contacting insurance?

We administered childhood vaccine and Phizer, submitted 90460 and admin for Phizer. Insurance denying 90460 as being inclusive to 0001A. Anyone seeing this, any suggestions other than contacting insurance?
I believe that all COVID admin codes already include vaccine counseling.

They do, my issue is the code 90460 for the other vaccine being inclusive
I misread that first question. That does sounds like it's an error on the payers part. I am not sure what you could do on the claim to indicate the 90460 belongs to the other vaccine. Sorry, I can't help with that part. We do not actually bill anything for the COVID vaccines we administer.

Did you check the payer policy on the administration. I believe they only reimburse one either vaccine or admin. but i am not 100% sure.

Have you gotten this issue resolved? Caresource Georgia medicaid has paid us for 90460 but not the administration for the covid vaccine. Any suggestions?