Wiki Vag Hyst w Cystocele repair

cdury

Contributor
Best answers
Tying to code a Vaginal Hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy and cystocele repair. Ive looked at this so long that I have totally confused myself!!! The Vag. Hyst. w Bilat. Salp-Ooph code is pretty easy to find. I can not figure out which code to use for the Cystocele Repair. ...58263 is with repair of Enterocele NOT Cystocele. :confused:

I'm thinking possibly CPT 57240, but can you give more details on how the cystocele was repaired? Was it repaired via a vaginal incision? Was it repaired laparoscopically? I recall struggling with this in the past too.

For open vaginal procedure, you are absolutely correct- Vaginal Hysterctomy code with 57240 if recto/enterocele not combined.

In addition to CPT 57240, the other code I was looking at is CPT 57285. If mesh was used, then CPT 57267 would be reported in addition to CPT 57240 or 57285. These are both vaginal approach codes.

Thanks for the response! I was thinking that 57240 was the second code I needed but I wasn't completely sure. I really appreciate the assitance!!