Wiki Vein to Vein Bypass

Best answers
I have not been able to find a code for Vein to Vein Bypass, has anyone had to bill this before?

Procedure was cephalic vein to internal jugular venous bypass with PTFE for treatment of occluded left cephalic and subclavian vein. This was done to provide more blood flow to a previously place dialysis fistula.

The only code I can come up with to use would be the 37799 but the patient has Medicaid and we have not had a lot of luck getting this CPT code paid by our Medicaid payer.

I thought I would see if anyone has any additional thoughts.
thanks

Hello

How are you? If I a understanding your note correctly, it appears this maybe a creation of a dialysis fistula with PTFE. Therefore I would suggest reviewing code 36830.

Hope this helps.

Kimberly Jolivette Williams
CPC, CPMA, ​​CPC-I, CCC, AAPC Fellow
(C) 214-952-3732
AAPC Richardson, Texas Chapter
2017 Vice President
2015/2016 Education Officer

The Essence of Destiny
Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny!

Hey Steph,

My Bad... 36830 is incorrect.. It is a AVG code... I think you may have to use an unlisted code 37799... Try writing a letter explaining the case and use 36830 or 35612 as a reference code to support the unlisted code.. Explained is Vein to Vein but similarly performed as 36830 (Artery to Vein) or is Cephalic to Subclavian instead of Subclavian to Subclavian 35612. Make sense?

Hope this helps,

​Kimberly Jolivette Williams
CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CCC, AAPC Fellow
(C) 214-952-3732
AAPC Richardson, Texas Chapter
2017 Vice President
2015/2016 Education Officer

The Essence of Destiny
Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny!