Wiki Verruca plantaris - superficial fascia

CULINTZ

Networker
Best answers
Hello,

Per operative report an excision of soft tissue mass of left foot was performed. Preoperative and postoperative diagnosis is soft tissue mass of the left foot. Per description, there was no apparent extension beyond the superficial fascia. The pathology results show verruca plantaris. Should this be coded as CPT 28043 for excision of tumor of soft tissue of foot, less than 1.5 cm; or CPT code 11420 for excision of benign lesion of feet with excised diameter less than .5 cm. I have a query out for the size as the size is only documented in the path but don't know if this is considered as originating in the skin so I'm not sure if I should use a CPT code from the skin or musculoskeletal section. Thanks in advance.

CPT codes 17110 and 17111 are now used for destruction of common or plantar warts. The codes 17110 and 17111 have been revised to include destruction of benign lesions other than skin tags or cutaneous vascular lesions. Coders should no longer use CPT codes 17000 and 17003 for destruction of warts or molluscum contagiosum, as these codes now exclude destruction of benign lesions.