Wiki vision therapy - 92065

Hello I have a question for those that do Vision Therapy. I am trying to bill 96116 and 96121 for testing prior to starting vision therapy. Does there need to be more than one unit for these?
Thank you

samelcher, I beleive the codes you're referring to apply to psychological services and not eye care services. I would probably use one of the 99204 or 99214 codes instead.
Tom Cheezum, OD, CPC, COPC

samelcher, I beleive the codes you're referring to apply to psychological services and not eye care services. I would probably use one of the 99204 or 99214 codes instead.
Hello, Tom.
I truly hope you will take the time to address these questions and provide me with your honest recommendations and advice. This is challenging. Please read the attachments (forgive my lack of brevity) and let me know how on earth one can make up for the loss of revenue now that 92066 has become all the more strict and 92065 pays a lot less.
Please do. I would be grateful.
Best,
Diana W
CPMA, CPC, COPC

Attachments

• 92065 v 92066 multiple options.pdf
    117.8 KB · Views: 13
Hello, Tom.
I truly hope you will take the time to address these questions and provide me with your honest recommendations and advice. This is challenging. Please read the attachments (forgive my lack of brevity) and let me know how on earth one can make up for the loss of revenue now that 92066 has become all the more strict and 92065 pays a lot less.
Please do. I would be grateful.
Best,
Diana W
CPMA, CPC, COPC
I would look at this APA publication if you haven't done so already: https://www.aoa.org/AOA/Documents/P...ing/TherapyandNeuroRehabitationCoding2020.pdf

If allowed by your state board, it seems to make a good case for the use of some of the neuro rehab codes (97110, 97112, 97530) which are tie based, in pages 9-12.