Wiki VNUS procedure

jdibble

True Blue
Best answers
Hopefully someone can help me with this! Our cardiology group wants to start doing the VNUS procedure in their office. I know the codes would be 36475 and 36476, however my question is that they are planning on having their Nurse practitioners perform the procedure.

Can anyone tell me if this procedure can be done my a Nurse Practitioner or where I could go to find out this information. I have checked our MAC for an LCD which is not very clear. Just wondering if anyone else does these procedures and knows if it is in the scope of an NPP practice to perform these procedures.

Thanks for all the help I can get!! :)

You may get the answer from your state board of licensing. Each state is just a little different on NPP licensing and the limitations for this license. In Missouri it is called the board of healing arts and is located in the state government offices.

Thanks Michelle - I did check for our state, but could not find anything in regards to whether an NP would be allowed to do this procedure or if they would need further certification of some sort to perform it!