Wiki Walk and Talk

Same! I have a provider interested but I can't figure out what place of service to use. Am I stretching way too far to say that POS 11 could be an option? "Location, other than a hospital, skilled nursing facility (SNF), military treatment facility, community health center, State or local public health clinic, or intermediate care facility (ICF), where the health professional routinely provides health examinations, diagnosis, and treatment of illness or injury on an ambulatory basis." It lists all the types of places it can't be and then says that the "health professional routinely provides examinations, diagnosis, and treatment" in that location. I realize it's not the intended use but I would argue it isn't wrong.

Hello,
I was wondering if any of you got the answer to this question yet? :) Thank you!
Hi Kdabis808:)
Check out pages 782 in the 2022 yr. CPT manual. LMH or LCSW can use CPT 90785 interactive psych therapy which can be billed with 90832-90835 and 90792 and 90791. However this interactive can be walking and talking on park bench setting or outside the office garden or patio . Ensure pt sign special consent or state in medical record for the day therapist got special permission pt. agreed to do this setting. Add in notations it is in park setting or doing a walk n talk for so many minutes to relax patient or do the forest bathing more relaxing setting to open up.
Also use some of the R45 dx if therapist add in notations worries, unhappiness, from the patient s feelings. This is in conjunction with the F32 or F41 dx codes or dx Z63 if applicable.

Does your therapist do phone calls or online Zoom telehealth with Est pt. on follow ups using the modifier 95 with CPT 90832-90834 ? They can use CPT 98966-98968 series of phone calls too. Ensure add minutes on record how long talk on each treatment date related to phone calls. MD, DO and NP can only use the CPT 99441- 99443 series for phone calls. This is just some extra data maybe interested in for your behavior health providers. I hope I helped you, did I?
Take Care
Lady T:)