Wiki Walk-In Clinic Coding

mumah265

Networker
Best answers
I am wondering if anyone can help me with coding walk-in clinic charges? My office is taking on a walk-in clinic and was told the coder previously used S9083 and S9088. From my experience (5 years ago), we used E/M codes. The new clinic will be provider based/split bill. Is there any resources available pertaining to walk-in coding specific?

Thanks so much.

Shelly
CPC, COBGC

Hi Shelly :)
I think best bet is to use the Eva Mgnt codes pertain to OP clinic visits & proper documentation of HP, nature of complaint, MDM risk and add ancillary charges if warranted of lab xray injections.. I do think you may get patients pop in just want med prescription renewed Z76 or Z51 or wounds checked which can be last dx code. Those HCPCS look ok to add to claim wiht Eva Mgt CPT codes. We use S9445 if patient need education on some device or T1002 for RN services. I d still use CPT 99202-99214, as supported and CPT 99211 for R nurses and QHP but ensure add referring doctor or provider as over seeing this done in clinic A split/shared visit is an E/M visit in a hospital or other facility setting that is performed in part by both a physician and an NPP who are in the same group. Some payers want modifier FS on one of the claims if split shared done...might want to check this factor
I hope this data helps you.
Lady T
PS Sometimes Medicare will not cover urgent care so may need to do ABN form with the Medicare funded patient