Wiki Wart or Lesion Count

pclaybaugh

Networker
Best answers
Hello again,

Please weigh in on whether there is a requirement or recommendation to indicate exactly how many lesion/warts areremoved. I am looking at documentation that appears to have a click box, >15 for wart numbers treated. My thoughts are the an amount should be forthcoming in order to bill 17004.

Thanks!!

Hello again,

Please weigh in on whether there is a requirement or recommendation to indicate exactly how many lesion/warts areremoved. I am looking at documentation that appears to have a click box, >15 for wart numbers treated. My thoughts are the an amount should be forthcoming in order to bill 17004.

Thanks!!
Procedure documentation needs to indicate location, what was used to perform procedure, how procedure was performed, did the patient tolerate procedure or were there complications?

Procedure documentation needs to indicate location, what was used to perform procedure, how procedure was performed, did the patient tolerate procedure or were there complications?
Good morning, all the items were addressed other than the actual count of warts, lesions, etc. Hopefully an answer with guidance will be forthcoming. Many thanks for your response.

Good morning, all the items were addressed other than the actual count of warts, lesions, etc. Hopefully an answer with guidance will be forthcoming. Many thanks for your response.
If you can look at note in see that 5 lesions removed from left forearm, 2 removed from right thigh then it is not necessary to indicate a total of 7 lesions. In our practice when it comes to removing warts/molluscum (17110 & 17111) we do have the providers indicate the total number. It is part of their procedure note.

If you can look at note in see that 5 lesions removed from left forearm, 2 removed from right thigh then it is not necessary to indicate a total of 7 lesions. In our practice when it comes to removing warts/molluscum (17110 & 17111) we do have the providers indicate the total number. It is part of their procedure note.
Thanks, agreed.
Whilst the location is evident, the count is not specific, rather as stated with a click.