Wiki Webinars /Training for Telehealth and TeleMedicine

KStaten

Guru
Best answers
Hello Everyone :)

I pray that everyone is well and staying positive during this time. As we all know, this virus has shaken the entire world, and our country has certainly been significantly impacted. It has affected us all in one way or another. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone, as we recover individually, as a nation, and as an entire human race. With that said, we-- as medical billers and coders-- are going to be seeing a lot of adaptations as we transition during this time. As many have pointed out, there will be an increase in telehealth / telemedicine services. This will not only help our facilities to stay up and running, but more importantly, it will allow us to safely accommodate our patients. Ultimately, the health and well-being of our patients is our number one priority, as we all want to continue providing quality care with the added security of being able to stay home. Likewise, we all want to ensure that we correctly code / bill these services.... which brings me to this point: Sacrifices are being made in our country daily due to this pandemic, from the healthcare providers who are fighting it head-on on the front-lines, to the many companies who are either donating supplies or who are completely converting their factories so that they can. At this time, I think that it would be VERY admirable if all of the reliable sources that we use for correct coding / billing would also step up and contribute. Many of us cannot afford the webinars / additional training with our regular paychecks-- and now with possibilities of pay-cuts and layoffs sweeping the country, these will not be options for many of us.

With that said, I am asking trusted sources like the AAPC, AHIMA, etc, please support us with the knowledge we need in order to correctly bill telehealth / telemedicine services. I think this isn't a time to focus on gaining money from sharing knowledge/ information, but, instead, to focus on being a part of a bigger picture. For some of us, this is will be a new avenue, and we will would sincerely appreciate direction and guidance along the way. These companies would not just be helping us as coders/billers, but also, they would be doing a service to our patients and our nation. 🇺🇸 I am not saying that we haven't already received support-- for which we are very grateful-- but am suggesting that more companies step up as much as possible. Those are just my thoughts on the matter... THANK YOU! Be safe and stay positive!

ALSO... everyone please share links or let us know when offers like this are available from reliable sources!

Thank You in advance! :)
Kim

Last edited:
Thank you, Kim-what an appropriate request to anyone connected with the issues of how we can work together to make this stressful time work out in the end for all peoples involved. Medical personnel who are giving so much of themselves in this pandemic should not feel threatened with how their efforts will be rewarded. If anyone does have any helpful related information on how CMS is processing services using the required alternative telecommunications please let us know!

I just received the email from AAPC offering the "Free Webinar with Your Telehealth Guide." (Keyword is "with".) This is appreciated... but, at a time when the entire country (and world) is hurting and making sacrifices, I admit that I am a little disappointed that they didn't offer the webinar as a stand-alone product for free without requiring us to purchase anything. To me, that actually sounded more like the standard sales pitch that is offered with most any other product on here, except for the fact that, sadly, it is offered at vulnerable/opportune time. I think that collectively, with the cost of our membership fees, the price of the exams, webinars, courses, and other services, such as their $25 /per question rate, this particular webinar could have been free to their members. (?) Unless I have misunderstood (in which case, I apologize) in order to get this "free" webinar, we must make a purchase which (with tax and shipping) is $187.28. Many of us will experience loss in pay during this crisis and will be lucky to simply pay our regular bills. Training will not only help us, but healthcare itself, in one way or another. (I apologize in advance if this offends anyone, as this is merely my personal opinion.)

With that said, I am trying to combine some information that I've collected-- which will be FREE to everyone (no purchase necessary) ;) -- as a collective effort from all of us, for all of us. I appreciate all of my fellow-coders on here, as you have always been helpful. ❤

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions with us. We truly appreciate it and are keeping our members, community, and employees in our minds as we adapt to the changing conditions in this pandemic.

We want you to know that AAPC is working around the clock to make sure our members have what they need to continue working. Here are some of the things were are currently doing to help members through this time. These efforts will continue as we get through this crisis:

Free Webinar & Q&A:
We have a free COVID-19 and Telehealth webinar in our quarterly webinar page (members can earn 0.5 CEU). https://www.aapc.com/medical-coding-education/help/low-cost-ceus.aspx The webinar is also available to the general public without the free CEU. We are also setting up a free telehealth q&a that will be done through Facebook live, giving everyone a chance to get answers through an expert.

Exam voucher extension:
During this unsure time, we have extended expiring exam vouchers and those available for purchase from 1 year to 18 months.

Giving Back:
During this time we are working on supporting a charity. During hard economic times a lot of things suffer, including prominent charities. We are also giving away scholarships to people who are in desperate need of a career change.

All AAPC members also have free access to the following:

COVID 19 Resource Page:
We are compiling all the important COVID-19 information onto a dedicated resource page. Here you can find info on Medicare and Medicaid Coverage and News, coding guidance, and a link to all of our COVID-19 Knowledge Center articles. https://www.aapc.com/covid-19/

AAPC Knowledge Center:
New articles are being posted daily to the AAPC knowledge center containing important COVID-19 code updates and answers to telehealth questions that we are getting from members. Check in frequently to find updates and resources.

We are now in the process of more projects to help our members in community and look forward to sharing them soon. Some of these take time as we have to integrate all of these offers with our fulfillment systems to ensure that everyone is able to take advantage of the offers.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss your specific needs during this time.

Thank you, Samantha! It is always admirable when companies/ organizations invest in their members, communities, and fellowman, in general. Thank you for supplying us with the list of what AAPC has to offer. As I've said before, I think that now is not the time to make a profit on sharing knowledge and vital information which will ultimately assist everyone involved in the healthcare field during this crisis. So, I applaud the AAPC for the efforts they have made thus far, and only ask that they continue to help us so that we may be better prepared to help others. As it has been echoed, We are all in this together. And, at this point we-- the certified coders / members of the AAPC and the AAPC, itself-- are invested in one another. Thank you, once again, as we look forward to seeing the continued efforts you have in store. :)