Wiki Welcome to Medicare visit when another insurance is primary

I would bill the commercial insurance if that is Primary. You could address this to the forum on MDCR regs. I myself am still working with benefits at work and I don't see how pt can have both part B and the work ins.I only have Part A .Check the Medicare insurance card.
I always check MDCRcard as well as an HMO card. that does not tell you when Part B started.

The WTM visit is performed when the patient joins Medicare Part B. If a patient is 65 years old but still has a qualified group health plan, they may decide to defer their enrollment in Medicare Part B until they are no longer eligible for the group health plan. In that case, the beneficiary signs up for only Medicare A, which is not the plan that requires the WTM visit. (I just turned 65 and went through this with a lot of research as a beneficiary). My husband has a group health plan and I am on it with him. So, I am deferring my Part B enrollment and only signed up for Part A. There is a form that the employer will have to sign when he retires and we are no longer eligible for the group health plan and then we can join Medicare Part B with no penalty, even though it will be well past our 65th birthday.)