Wellness exams as telemedicine/telehealth (not Medicare)

ErinPDX85

Networker
Best answers
Hi there,

We are having disagreements in my office about whether or not annual wellness visits can be done via telemedicine. Those in favor are arguing that because of the pandemic, most rules are waived. Those against are saying that since there has been no clear cut "yes" by our payors, that we cannot do them. Also those against argue that you cannot do a wellness visit without a hands-on physical exam. We are a pediatric primary care office so a physical is a very important part of the wellness visit. We do NOT see Medicare patients.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Note: Everything I am saying here is my own personal opinion.

I am in the camp of, "you cannot do it without hands-on." During this virus emergency, the telehealth visits should be for clearly necessary issues and not things that are okay to wait on, such as"it's time for Johnny's annual physical". You cannot listen to heart, you cannot listen to lungs, you cannot test hearing, etc.

Note: Everything I am saying here is my own personal opinion.

I am in the camp of, "you cannot do it without hands-on." During this virus emergency, the telehealth visits should be for clearly necessary issues and not things that are okay to wait on, such as"it's time for Johnny's annual physical". You cannot listen to heart, you cannot listen to lungs, you cannot test hearing, etc.
That’s my belief as well.