Wiki What course is the general recomendation?

Whitp4242

Best answers
I am signing up to learn medical coding. I have a hospital nursing assistant background. I travel 9 months of the year 4 days a week with my s.o. and want to be able to make $$ while traveling on the bus. Would you recommend outpatient or inpatient facility coding? Where is the most opportunity for employment off site? I am from Charlotte, NC, Before I spend the $$ I need Help

Last edited:
Traveling on the bus may be an issue due to PHI and most places require hard wired internet and prohibit satellite wifi or a hot spot.

coding jobs

In response to: "Where is the most opportunity for employment off site?" I've learned that many coders work from home, but I've been told that a company usually wants to have you code onsite first for ~1 year before discussing the work from home option. I've been told that working from home is great for many people because your work is based on the number of reports you code, so you can make your own schedule as long as the work gets done. I don't know anything about coding while traveling though... maybe if you are living in an area for a long enough time, you might consider going into a hospital and Auditing Hospital records. Any job related to coding is in-demand, that is for sure. But having any kind of coding credential is going to give you the edge if you want to dive into medical coding.

Hope this helps!

- Jake

Thank you so much. I am home 3 days a week. The 4 days I am gone is on a stationary bus at a NASCAR track. It's not moving and I do have internet through my provider. I don't want to take anything that I am not going to be able to get a job at. Your answer helped a lot. Thanks.

Whitney

hospital vs physician coding

I forgot to ask....would you take inpatient hospital or outpatient physician coding. I am thinking inpatient hospital.

Whitney