Wiki What is STO coding?

That is a nationwide post, for a company in Florida that does billing and coding. Nice website. I can't find anything about what STO could possibly be, because all of the acronyms I found would not fit the situation. This might be a niche situation where if you don't know what it is, you aren't qualified. Or it could be that like other industries, they are using an acronym that nobody else uses or knows what it is.

In the last several years, pharmaceutical companies have started using acronyms for phrases that nobody used previously. We see them in commercials all the time. A good one is "OIC". That stands for opioid-induced constipation. Nobody in my neck of the pain woods ever heard that acronym before it popped up on a commercial, and now it is moving into more widespread use.

Thank you so much! I looked all over for what it stands for and I thought there was some type of coding I hadn't heard of. I guess if I get an interview, I'll just ask what it is. If that disqualifies me, oh well. I'm honest.