Wiki Wheel Chair eval for Medicare

marguimo

Best answers
Specialy PM&R Physiatry - We are getting a bunch of this request, Medicare guidelines have been updated to exaustive paper work and documentation. For a face to face eval for about 60 minutes, what will be the right codes to use besides the 99215 or 99205? Perhaps eomthing else or a whole new code?

Thanks in advance.

MG:)

Specialy PM&R Physiatry - We are getting a bunch of this request, Medicare guidelines have been updated to exaustive paper work and documentation. For a face to face eval for about 60 minutes, what will be the right codes to use besides the 99215 or 99205? Perhaps eomthing else or a whole new code?

Thanks in advance.

MG:)

Is it for manual wheelchair, or the power scooter-type chairs?

We for both, but the one its requiring this long form and extended face to face is for the power one. Thank you!:)

We for both, but the one its requiring this long form and extended face to face is for the power one. Thank you!:)

Look at G0372...I just had to look into this yesterday for one of my PM&R docs. This code is to cover the time required for the extensive forms they have to fill out. You can bill this in addition to the E/M service for the History and Physical required to determine the need for the PMD. It really doesn't pay a lot (I believe just under $10, depending on your location), but it's better than nothing! There's also a couple of previous threads on this, just search the G0372. See section 30--- of this Medicare Manual:

http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Guidance/Manuals/downloads/clm104c12.pdf

HTH!!