Which books??

Jpowers78

New
Best answers
Hello,

I just took my CPC exam for the first time and. I didn't pass unfortunately. I have all 2013 books and I'll be taking the exam again in February. I be read the section on this site about using the current year books but I've asked around and most people have said I could use the 2013 books for the 2014 exam. Would any of you recommend? Or not recommend? I was just thinking of buying the new CPT book and nothing else. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Jay

Which books?

Hi Jay,

I would not use the 2013 books. There were many changes to the CPT that may affect the exam. I always recommend my students use the current books even if it is January.

Diana Wilson

dont buy the book just for the exam. see if you can borrow them. if you are currently working in the medical coding profession, check with your employer, they furnish us with our books

I would definitely get new books. Each year there are so many changes that you would hate to be using the 2013 book and fail due to the new changes. Yea it stinks to fork out the extra $$ but I wouldn't want to chance it. The test is hard enough on its own without adding any handicaps.