Wiki Woohoo!!

Awesome! That was a tough test, for sure. I know by the end of it, I really has no idea what I knew and what I didn't know. ? it was a long wait for those results.

Congratulations to you both! I am scheduled to take the CPPM exam in about a month from now and I was so much more confident about 3 months ago. I'm beginning to have all sorts of anxiety about it, so please tell me anything I should focus on because I am going to be studying everything I can leading up to the exam, but I have this fear the test will be totally opposite of what I study. Any tips or advice on taking the exam would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Rodney

Hi Rodney!
Sorry for the delay responding.

I have to say I read and reread that study guide about five times and the test was still very hard. I would definitely focus on the formulas for physician compensation, revenue management and accounting. I didn't use my calculator a lot but I was absolutely certain of those questions.

Time was not a factor for this test like it was for the other two I took. I finished the first pass in about two hours. I marked my test booklet so I could easily go back and look at ones I wasn't sure of. I found on the second pass that I didn't change many answers. I either knew them or was making my best guess. There were a handful I flat out guessed on. I finally left after four hours because I was starting to doubt even the ones I was sure of on the first pass. That is when you turn it in and walk away.

I looked over all the info that the course linked me too, but honestly, the majority of my exam came from the study guide. I thought the questions were worded tricky and many of the answers were so similar it was hard to rule them out.

Best advice? Know that study guide front to back, get a good nights sleep, and have a bottle of wine chilling for afterwards. ?

Let us know how you do!

Hey Cheryl,

Ok, that is some great advice, and congratulations to you again. I am scheduled for next Saturday so this week will be devoted to nothing but studying. In the event I don't pass on the first attempt at least we can take it again but I'm going to do my very best to pass the first time. I will certainly let you all know how I do in a few weeks. I'm sure I'll probably go stir crazy waiting on the results.

Talk to you soon, and hopefully I'll be certified!

Rodney

I will echo the comments of Cheryl, know your study guide, inside and out.
This is a tough test.....
Do NOT beat yourself up if this test takes you twice to pass. I studied like a wild woman for a long time and did not pass the first try. The good part about that is that I had a better idea on what was being looked for on the exam. Thoughts that I had, that I thought were important and test worthy was not was not on the test or only had a question or two.

Study, then put your books away, maintain a little you time, then go back to review.

Good luck!

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I took the CPPM exam this past Saturday and I PASSED!!!! I'm so happy and excited....I really didn't want to retake that exam. :)

Thanks for all the tips and encouragement, it truly helped me.

Rodney