Wiki Work injury but no Workers comp

cmanion

Networker
Best answers
Patient was seen for a work related injury but his employer does not carry workers comp insurance. The Patient currently has an open lawsuit against said Employer. Patient is also currently on medicaid ( this is in the state of Mi) How should this visit be billed? I'm guessing the patient would get the bill? Any insight would be greatly appreciated thank you

For employees:

If your employer will not file a claim for you, you may file form WC-117 with the Agency. If your claim is disputed by the insurance company or self-insured employer, you may need to file a form WC-104A, Application for Mediation or Hearing.

If you have questions or need help, call 888-396-5041 or email the Agency at wcinfo@michigan.gov.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I would call that number and ask.

Patient was seen for a work related injury but his employer does not carry workers comp insurance. The Patient currently has an open lawsuit against said Employer. Patient is also currently on medicaid ( this is in the state of Mi) How should this visit be billed? I'm guessing the patient would get the bill? Any insight would be greatly appreciated thank you
I would also contact Medicaid provider support. Michigan Medicaid will pay Auto and WC claims when there are issues getting payment. They never want members billed and will go after the Auto or WC in subrogation.