Wiki Workers Comp Question

Best answers
I am new to worker's comp claims because most clinics I have worked for didn't accept workers comp. I have a patient that has come in multiple times for visits and each time we have a difficult time getting the claim to pay and have to usually appeal each visit. My doctor wants to know if we can charge the patient upfront for services and then file claim to see if they will pay. My gut says we can not but just curious what other offices do in the situations before I consult back with my doctor.

I am new to worker's comp claims because most clinics I have worked for didn't accept workers comp. I have a patient that has come in multiple times for visits and each time we have a difficult time getting the claim to pay and have to usually appeal each visit. My doctor wants to know if we can charge the patient upfront for services and then file claim to see if they will pay. My gut says we can not but just curious what other offices do in the situations before I consult back with my doctor.
You absolutely CANNOT charge the patient. If you want to learn about work comp, go to your state's work comp website, and also go to daisybill.com , read their blog, their FAQ, their articles.

What if you charged the patient self pay rates, then made them file their own claim to WC?
My answer remains the same. You cannot get around this. You MUST file the claim. If you tell me what state you're in, I can link to your own state's laws regarding this if you like.