Wiki Workmans Comp Claim for Substance Abuse

Best answers
We are a free standing substance & alcohol abuse treatment facility in Florida. I am new to Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse billing and am doing as much research I can.

Billing a Residential Treatment facility (UB) to a Workman's Comp using rev code# 1002 (Residential Treatment Chemical Dependency) and HCPCS H0010 but was told that the revenue code needs to be a 3 digit not 4, We have always used Revenue Code 1002 for Residential and not sure what Rev code deems appropriate.

Anyone familiar with the WC billing for substance abuse for facility??

Rev codes are 3 digits, and bill type are 3 digits. I cannot think of anywhere on the UB you would use a 4 digit facility type number. You need to get the UB-04 manual and there it will list for you all the rev codes and how to figure the bill type.

I use the Facility Blue Book and in the Appendix H1 it lists the revenue codes and it has in the 1000 series for Behavioral Health Accomodations (and #1002 for Residential Treatment-Chemical Dependency). But I am at a loss at what 3-digit revenue code I'm suppose to use for an inpatient residential since workmans comp won't recognize a 4 digit revenue code. :confused::confused::confused::confused: