Wiki wound repair

ggparker14

True Blue
Best answers
Patient presents to ED s/p 1 day thumb laceration wound repair at another facility. ED physician at a different facility does simple repair of same wound with dermabond. ED physician documents V58.30. Would this be a billable diagnosis for simple wound repair or should this be coded as 883.0?

Thanks for any help.

Repair at Second Facility?

If you are saying the physician applied Dermabond in the first facilty. Then I'm guessing since the wound was still bleeding or not improving, the patient went to a second facility and was sutured, I believe the right diagnostic code would be 883.0. This doesn't really qulify as follow up since the patient went to another facility and had the wound repaired.

Jim

Patient presents to ED s/p 1 day thumb laceration wound repair at another facility. ED physician at a different facility does simple repair of same wound with dermabond. ED physician documents V58.30. Would this be a billable diagnosis for simple wound repair or should this be coded as 883.0?

Thanks for any help.

I think if we analyse the HPI portion, there are some chances to get some info like infected or wound dehisence. In these cases, i will code with 998.3X .

Last edited: