• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Years of experience needed to get an Auditing job?

jhofler

Networker
Messages
63
Location
Sugar Land, TX
Currently I am a CPC-A working as a Coder and will start preparing for the CPMA exam soon. Would you happen to know how much experience is needed prior to finding an Auditing position?
 
I would say usually at least 2-3 years. However, I too am a CPC-A and was able to find an auditing position shortly after obtaining my certification. I got certified in June and a position opened up in October in the large multi-specialty practice that I work at.
 
Encouraging, thank you!

Thanks for your response. I am looking forward to taking the exam and I have read from other posts that the prep materials from AAPC mirror the exam. How did you study for it? Any tips you have would be helpful.
 
I have not taken the CPMA, so I cannot speak to how to study for it. I am actually looking for a mentor and am trying to decide whether I should take the medical auditing path or pursue a different certification. Currently I am enrolled in Drexel University online, in my sophomore year of their Health Services Administration program. Good luck to you!
 
Top