Wiki Z08

MEAH95

New
Best answers
For a visit that the chief complaint was the post prostatectomy ED...
Is it appropriate to code it as z08, z85.46 and then the ED?
This feels wrong to me.

Any opinion would be helpful.

I understand why you feel that way. However, there was an update to the guidelines for 2024.

"Codes Z08, Encounter for follow-up examination after completed treatment for malignant neoplasm, and Z09, Encounter for follow up examination after completed treatment for conditions other than malignant neoplasm, may be assigned following any type of completed treatment modality (including both medical and surgical treatments)."

I understand why you feel that way. However, there was an update to the guidelines for 2024.

"Codes Z08, Encounter for follow-up examination after completed treatment for malignant neoplasm, and Z09, Encounter for follow up examination after completed treatment for conditions other than malignant neoplasm, may be assigned following any type of completed treatment modality (including both medical and surgical treatments)."
Right. My question is more so if it is acceptable to use the z08, z85.46 and then the ed code n52.3- in that order. If a substantial portion of the note is focused on the ED.