• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

15770 bilateral

trinity07

Guest
Messages
12
How do you code for a 15770 bilateral? I am not allowed to use RT & LT nor can I use - 50. When I code this as two line items, I always get a rejection as a duplicate code. I would appreciate any advise.
 
was the graft applied to 2 separate areas? if so you use a 59 on the second line. A procedure note would really help to determine if a modifier is truely appropriate.
 
Thanks for your reply!
Note: Graft was obtained from the anterior abdomen using 2 previously open incisions. These had been utilized for ovarian removal in the patient. A total of 75 mL of this lipo infiltrate was placed micro-graft tunnel technique through the vectors. In the right medial lower breast, the inframammary breast, the lateral breast, the axilla, and the superior breast all on the right. A total of 35 mL was infiltrated over the upper medial left breast in order to obtain symmetry.
 
Top