Wiki 2017 CPT codes for mammography

pclater

Best answers
Hello all,
HELP. I code for a radiology group and need help with the new Mammo cpt codes. I have contacted my MAC for clarification of the start date for new codes (77065,77066,77067). I was told by MAC (Cahaba) that CMS has not advised them to begin using the new codes yet.....they do not know when they may be notified??? So, does anyone know the "official start date" for these codes? Which leads to my next issue.

The analog Mammo cpt codes are deleted for 2017,(77055,77056,77057). My docs read for a small rural hospital that still performs Analog Mammography. I see that the new Mammo codes do not specify analog or digital modality. BUT, if the new codes do not begin 01/01/2017 and we continue to use the "G" codes which clearly state "digital" mammography, will the verbiage for the "G" Codes be changing to accomodate either analog or digital exams? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A frustrated coder:confused::confused::confused:
Thanks.

Check MLN matters # MM9727. It looks like you will continue to use the G codes, but for 2017 you have to add modifier FX