Wiki 2018

2018 Conference meeting location

Hello,

I also was unable to go to 2017's ....so it may be a bit early to ask - I was wondering if they plan on having the conference at the Coronado Springs again or at another location within the park? It will be my first conference so I'm starting to plan!

LauraH

Healthcon 2018

Hi! I just read on another site that it will be at Disney's Coronado Springs again in 2018. The dates posted on the other site (hopefully these are still the official dates) are 4/8/17 to 4/11/17. I cannot wait! I went in 2016 and LOVED it.

Last edited:
book early

I learned a few things by attending the 2016 Healthcon conference at Disney. Book as early as possible. You will save $$ and you will be able to actually stay at Coronado Springs. Once Coronado Springs was fully booked, the rooms were next available at Animal Kingdom (I believe). We stayed off site in a condo, but in 2018 I plan to stay at Coronado Springs. It will just be much more convenient.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you so much!!

Those are the tips and pointers I need...and any others you would like to share ! I am excited about the education, CEUs and networking! (and the chance t finally see Disney for the 1st time)

Orlando 2018

I went to Orlando last year and loved it. Sign up for Disney's Magical Express - convenient, comfortable, round trip, no cost bus transportation from Orlando Airport to any Disney World hotel owned by Disney. You can check your bags at your local airport and Disney will pick them up from baggage claim and deliver them to your room. Definitely take a carry on with any items you will need right away, because it may be several hours after you check in before your bags are delivered to your room. When you are ready to return home, drop your bags at the drop off point at the hotel and they will check them for you. (Bag check fees must be paid in advance by you, however...)

I am responsible for my own conference expenses, and one thing I did to save money was have groceries delivered to my hotel. Google Orlando grocery delivery, and several options should come up. I think I used Green Grocer, or something similar...I ordered them in advance, selected my delivery date, and that was it. My groceries were waiting for me at the Bell Services desk when I arrived at the hotel. It is pricier than going to your local grocery store, but definitely cheaper than eating out all the time. The refrigerators in the rooms at the Coronado are not large, but there is definitely room for lunch meat, drinks, etc. I do not remember if the rooms had a microwave or not.

I am hoping to go to Orlando again next year! My husband and I have a 5 year old daughter who loves everything Disney, and it would be fun to bring them along!

Hi! I just read on another site that it will be at Disney's Coronado Springs again in 2018. The dates posted on the other site (hopefully these are still the official dates) are 4/8/17 to 4/11/17. I cannot wait! I went in 2016 and LOVED it.

It is true then 4/8/18 to 4/11/18 Disney Coronado Springs? Count me in - I was there in 2016 too and absolutely LOVED it- told them I'd be back if at Disney! Grand news!:D

Hi! I am from UAE and I wanted to attend the conference in Florida. But I still don't have a Visa. Will AAPC provide us a letter or a personal invitation for me so that I can apply for the visa?