CLICLEMME

New
Best answers
Anytime I code a J3301 - Kenalog - injection with injection CPT it kicks back in the system stating a 2410 loop
This is the rejection:
06/15/2022
view less
PayerRejectedJ3301 H MISSING OR INVALID INFORMATION. ADDITIONAL DETAILS WILL FOLLOW IF AVAILABLE (J3301)
Missing or invalid information. Note: At least one other status code is required to identify the missing or invalid information.
RejectedJ3301 H H46223 The Description should not be used if the 2410 loop is submitted. (J3301)
Missing or invalid information. Note: At least one other status code is required to identify the missing or invalid information.
RejectedJ3301 Receiver- Acknowledgement/Returned as unprocessable claim-The claim/encounter has been rejected and has not been entered into the adjudication system - Missing or invalid information (J3301)

In order to process the claim I have to have either a description or a line note. Otherwise it will not let it go through at all. So I deleted the description and put in the line note the kenalog name info.
I have called everyone from the clearinghouse to mod med to the VA who these are being billed to and no one knows how to help. I have over 200 of these for this one code. I have googled everything I can think of and I am drawing a blank.

HELP!??
Thanks in advance

04/25/2022
view less
PayerRejectedREJECTION DESCR- G OR INVALID INFORMATION. ADDITIONAL DETAILS WILL FOLLOW IF AVAILABLE
RejectedDATA IN ERROR-
RejectedREJECTION DESCR- THE DESCRIPTION SHOULD NOT BE USED IF THE 2410 LOOP IS SUBMITTED.
RejectedDATA IN ERROR- TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE (LATEX-FREE) 40 MG/1 ML

Sorry, This was the original rejection about the 2410 loop, the one above is the one that came back from this one.

I've also seen rejections with HCPCS code J3301. For some reason, it seems that some payers and/or clearinghouses are treating this code as an unlisted code, I think because it has the words 'not otherwise specified' in the code description. I've been able to get past the edits just by entering the name of the drug in the description field (in addition to the NDC and dosage information that you'd normally enter with a drug code). If you've already entered a description, then you might need to drop out the NDC info - it sounds like perhaps your clearinghouse might not allow both.