Wiki 25 weeks pregnant with gestational diabetes

Savmorton

Networker
Best answers
I'm new to OB coding and want to know is this a EM code or antepartum.

25 weeks pregnant goes in for evaluation of her gestational diabetes. Would this be 99213?

Hello,

I am a OBGYN coder. It depends on the documentation. Is there an office visit note with all the requirements for a office visit e/m code? Is the pt seeing her OB as apart of the global visits? Is this a consult only on Gestational Diabetes?

Last edited:
Nope it just states: a patient who is 25 weeks pregnant was seen by her obstetrician in the office for evaluation of her gestational diabetes. Her glucose levels required that she be placed on insulin. Assign the appropriate codes.

Nope it just states: a patient who is 25 weeks pregnant was seen by her obstetrician in the office for evaluation of her gestational diabetes. Her glucose levels required that she be placed on insulin. Assign the appropriate codes.

The documentation is very vague to be honest. It doesn't seem like a billable service. But if your organization/office bills for these types of services (e.g quick nurse visit), it still doesn't seem to fit the criteria to bill for anything higher than 99211. I know that's not much but the documentation doesn't give much. Hope this helps somewhat.

The documentation is very vague to be honest. It doesn't seem like a billable service. But if your organization/office bills for these types of services (e.g quick nurse visit), it still doesn't seem to fit the criteria to bill for anything higher than 99211. I know that's not much but the documentation doesn't give much. Hope this helps somewhat.

Also if the visit is considered apart of the global package then you can use the code 0502F code for a subsequent prenatal visit.

Also if the visit is considered apart of the global package then you can use the code 0502F code for a subsequent prenatal visit.

Thanks that's what I thought that the documentation doesn't really support a procedure I only came up with a diagnosis code. I thought it was just me.