Wiki 95165 UHC Continuous Denials

Best answers
We are having a horrible time with UHC not processing our 95165 Antigen claims. We have sent multitudes of appeals and medical records for their review. We are billing antigens every 8-10 weeks at 18 units for most patients. Each of these are being denied for additional info from UHC. When we send all the information it is either radio silence or a redeny stating the notes do not match etc. I have exhausted my medical policy lookup ability and our rep has been unable to give an explanation. Does anyone know the max units per year allowed by UHC or is there something we are missing? I know we are under the MUE of 30 per day.

Hi Seraphine8519,🐜🦋

I would use another CPT it states it CPT 95165 is for professional service for preparing multiple doses of insect bugs antigen . Maybe should use CPT 95115-95125 linked with problem..allgery on skin or breathing or mold or Etc. Other factors...CPT Codes 95115 and 95117 - One (1) unit only, when billing for one or more injections given on the same day

Billing guidelines for antigen injections when using CPT Codes 95115 and 95117.

Providers filing claims for the professional services of an injection, which do not include the supply of the antigen serum, should report services using codes 95115 or 95117. Both of these codes are used to report the injection only, and exclude the provision or preparation of the extract not 95165. Code 95115 may be used for a single injection; 95117 covers two or more injections. The correct quantity (number of units) is always one (1) for both codes. Codes 95115 and 95117 should not be billed on the same date of service by the same provider. Report either 95115 or 95117 during a single patient encounter. If one injection is given, report 95115 (only). If two or more injections are given, report 95117 (only).

CPT 95115 - Professional services for allergen immunotherapy not including provision of allergenic extracts; single injection

Only file when giving a single injection
Represents one injection and should be filed with one unit
Cannot be reported with 95117 on the same date of service
CPT 95117 - Professional services for allergen immunotherapy not including provision of allergenic extracts; two or more injections

Only file when providing multiple injections
Represents multiple injections and should not be billed with multiple units of service. Always bill with one (1) unit
Cannot be filed with 95115 on the same date of service
95117 should be reported just once per patient per date of service

I hope this data helps you!😉

Lady T