Question 99072

shanamarie

Networker
Best answers
Has anyone billed and been paid for this code with their office visits?
I think it’s to soon to know. Since the code just came out last week we have not found any payors that have this updated in their systems yet. We have billed for this, but all claims have been rejected from the clearing house stating it’s invalid, so we are currently working on that.

Best answers
We have started billing this code but the clearing house is kicking it back. I will keep you posted once we are successful.
Any suggestions on documentation requirements for this code?

Best answers
I think it’s to soon to know. Since the code just came out last week we have not found any payors that have this updated in their systems yet. We have billed for this, but all claims have been rejected from the clearing house stating it’s invalid, so we are currently working on that.
I have about 38 pages of claims rejected due to this code. What are you guys doing with the claims being rejected? I called a few insurance companies and they do not have any information as to when this code will be added in to their system. I am thinking about submitting paper claims since it wont cross over electronically. Thoughts?

Best answers
Payers that choose to reimburse code 99072 may also provide automatic reprocessing of the denied claims but it would be good now to look into how you can track and, as needed, rebill those claims with denial of the service. I found one reimbursement policy indicating that Medica will not pay for the code and considers it bundled to other services provided. This was included in the policy for COVID-19 Testing so be aware that the reimbursement policy may not easily found for some payers.

Cindy

SharonCollachi

True Blue
Best answers
Payers that choose to reimburse code 99072 may also provide automatic reprocessing of the denied claims but it would be good now to look into how you can track and, as needed, rebill those claims with denial of the service. I found one reimbursement policy indicating that Medica will not pay for the code and considers it bundled to other services provided. This was included in the policy for COVID-19 Testing so be aware that the reimbursement policy may not easily found for some payers.

Cindy
THIS. Payers are not required to pay for this.