• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

99381-99397 for Gastroenterology???

Best answers
I was told today by Cigna that for a patient that is 56 and has screening benefits, I should be billing the appropriate 993 CPT code in order for the visit to go under the patients screening benefits. I have never used this code for any insurance company but after reading the description it almost seems as if you could. The patient had a PH of colon polyps and a family history of colon cancer and I also billed the V76.51 and linked that code to the actual CPT code which was 99203 (new patient office visit). Does anyone know anything about these 993 codes? 99381-99397 to be exact. They are age appropriate screening codes. But I think they may apply more towards gyno or family practice, any response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

tpontillo

Best answers
I dont use those codes. My doctors only see the patient regarding the colonoscopy. He does not check the whole body and do blood work and whatever is required of a physical. We bill the regular office visit codes and attach the V76.51 or if the patient has a personal history of family history we use those codes.