Wiki 99381-99397 for Gastroenterology???

Best answers
I was told today by Cigna that for a patient that is 56 and has screening benefits, I should be billing the appropriate 993 CPT code in order for the visit to go under the patients screening benefits. I have never used this code for any insurance company but after reading the description it almost seems as if you could. The patient had a PH of colon polyps and a family history of colon cancer and I also billed the V76.51 and linked that code to the actual CPT code which was 99203 (new patient office visit). Does anyone know anything about these 993 codes? 99381-99397 to be exact. They are age appropriate screening codes. But I think they may apply more towards gyno or family practice, any response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I dont use those codes. My doctors only see the patient regarding the colonoscopy. He does not check the whole body and do blood work and whatever is required of a physical. We bill the regular office visit codes and attach the V76.51 or if the patient has a personal history of family history we use those codes.