Wiki ? about QS modifier

bkwrmz7

Networker
Best answers
Question on the CPC exam review, which modifier is used for monitored anesthesia care? I see the answer is QS, but to a relatively new coder, how would I know that? Where do I go to find this? Are there more I dont know about? I'm taking the CPC test mid-June & I'm trying really hard to do good. Any help is appreciated.
Shannon:confused:

Appendix A is only Modifiers. They are listed in alphabetical order. To find the specifice modifier you are looking for its on page 3 of Appendix A.

Nan

In the HCPCS Level II book, the modifiers are listed in Appendix 2. They are in Appendix A in the CPT book.

modifiers

Question on the CPC exam review, which modifier is used for monitored anesthesia care? I see the answer is QS, but to a relatively new coder, how would I know that? Where do I go to find this? Are there more I dont know about? I'm taking the CPC test mid-June & I'm trying really hard to do good. Any help is appreciated.

Here's someplace that might help with modifiers. http://www.studystack.com/menu-54807

You can also just google and type in coding modifiers. You can also try the web sites of the specialties such as ASA http://www.asahq.org/. If you have the funds there are some books that will help. The one I use the most often is Coding with Modifiers put out by the AMA and written by Deborah Grider. I have the third edition and I use it almost daily. Otherwise there are websites that are free as the one above. Try some of these and see if it helps. Good Luck on your test.

QS not in CPT appendix A

QS is NOT listed in Appendix A of CPT Professional Edition (2009).

It IS listed in Appendix 2 of the 2009 HCPCS book.

If you do not already have a HCPCS book, get one. You will definitely need it for the CPC exam.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

I am a new coder and I am working on my CPC exam for February 2012. I know how you felt. I had a course for 2 months and I am not sure if that was enough time for me.
I never worked in the healthfield and so this is extremely new to me. I would like to know how you made out and if there is any hope of me passing this exam. I am working everyday on my practice exams and I get depressed when I see how many mistakes I have made.
Any suggestions from anyone?