Wiki Abscess drainage subphrenic vs peritoneal

daradare

New
Best answers
Can anyone help me on the difference between a subphrenic and a peritoneal abscess drainage? I know the procedure codes are 49041 and 49021, respectively. My question is, anatomically, what is the difference? Every anatomy book I find states that the subphrenic (subdiaphragmatic) is within the peritoneal cavity, so I'm confused.

Thanks for your help!!

Can anyone help me on the difference between a subphrenic and a peritoneal abscess drainage? I know the procedure codes are 49041 and 49021, respectively. My question is, anatomically, what is the difference? Every anatomy book I find states that the subphrenic (subdiaphragmatic) is within the peritoneal cavity, so I'm confused.

Thanks for your help!!

This is an excellent question! and I have been looking for a good answer which I have yet to find. I wanted to respond to keep this thread near the top. Perhaps some others will chime in...

Thanks for your help!!

I too would like to know the difference between these. Anyone?