Wiki Adenosine nuclear

bhong

Best answers
Hi to all,
I would like to ask on how do we code Adenosine Nuclear Stress test?
does it come with sets of CPT codes to be billed, or just a single code will do. i did have searched a 78464 and 78465 which i don't know if it's the right code for it,and i also seen a lot of CPT combination codes for different cardiology procedure:confused:, i need your opinion on this matter,and i do hope that you guy's will guide me in getting the right code. Thank you in advance.

GOD BLESS

When the nuclear medicine test includes exercise/pharmacological stress, list the appropriate code(s) from the 93015-93018 series to report the stress test (see policy CV-004). CPT code 93015 may be billed with the nuclear codes if the study is performed in an office or freestanding clinic. For in-hospital or hospital outpatient studies, only the professional portion(s) of the stress test (codes 93016 and 93018) may be billed.
Use the appropriate CPT-4 code that describes what type of imaging has been performed.
Codes 78460-78469 describe the characteristics of each type of test, including whether it is a single study or multiple studies. CPT-4 codes 78478 or 78480 describe additions to the above studies and, when performed, can be billed in addition to the above studies. Also include the J code for the adenosine.

Thank you Jackie for that wonderful opinion. If an going to use the set's of code it will be;
93015 - 93018
78460 - 78469
78478 - 78480
J code for adenosine

I do appreciate your help on this, please help me understand it more...
again Thank you.

God Bless

Admistration code with adenosine test or adenosine and thallium test

When the nuclear medicine test includes exercise/pharmacological stress, list the appropriate code(s) from the 93015-93018 series to report the stress test (see policy CV-004). CPT code 93015 may be billed with the nuclear codes if the study is performed in an office or freestanding clinic. For in-hospital or hospital outpatient studies, only the professional portion(s) of the stress test (codes 93016 and 93018) may be billed.
Use the appropriate CPT-4 code that describes what type of imaging has been performed.
Codes 78460-78469 describe the characteristics of each type of test, including whether it is a single study or multiple studies. CPT-4 codes 78478 or 78480 describe additions to the above studies and, when performed, can be billed in addition to the above studies. Also include the J code for the adenosine.

Hi Jackie,

should i use administration code along with these codes?

Dorwin