Wiki Adnexal Mass ICD-9 Code

The correct coding is 625.8, although when you look up mass in the index 625.8-refers to uterus. The actual ICD-9 625.8 does not just refer to the uterus, but to "female gential organs" (which includes ovaries and fallopian tubes). So a mass of the adnexal of the female genital organs is correctly coded as 625.8.

I think it is 620.8. If you look in the book, the 620 series involves ovarys, fallopian tubes and the broad ligament. the 625 series describes pain and other symptoms of the female genital organs. I think the 620.8 code would be more specific and accurate to what you are decribing.

It is not a symptom. There is a documentation of mass. The code 625 series is not a descriptive code. 620.9 though describes the organs sites)involved, it is a disorder but not descriptive of a definite mass.
It is a mass in the pelvic area=pelvic mass comprising tube, ovary and broad ligament .It can be otherwise called as Tuboovarain Mass. I would opt for 789.39 if just pelvic mass or adenexal mass/ or TO Mass is documented without any other description.

789.3* has this excludes note - so it shouldn't be used, in my opinion.
[789]
Excludes: symptoms referable to genital organs:
female (625.0-625.9)
male (607.0-608.9)
psychogenic (302.70-302.79)

adnexal mass/cyst

Per radiology coding guidelines:
Adnexal Cyst - ICD9 includes a most frequently seen list under the main term cyst in the index along with the qualifiers (qualifiers indicate which type of cyst).
If not qualifier is documented or known at the time for GYN exams, this anatomical area would be considered the space between ovary and uterus and it would be appropriate to use 629.89 - other specified disorders of female genital organs.

Hope this helps!

625.8 is for symptoms. Mass is not a symptom. I'd go with 620.8 or 620.8 since it's more of a disorder.