Wiki Advice on taking CEMC exam

monalisa

Best answers
I was wondering if anyone had any good advice for taking the CEMC exam? I am taking it on 12-5-09 and would love to hear any comments to do not to do.
Thanks for any advice.

1995 AND 1997 guidelines

Make sure you understand BOTH 1995 and 1997 guidelines. Make sure you have BOTH audit tools available to you.

Practice the scenarios on www.emuniversity.com as he will also give you the answers with reasons.

Good luck.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Cemc exam

If you did not take the Practicum online...do it. Also, make sure you study up on Teaching Guidelines and know the ABN 131 form. All of that along with the 95 and 97 guidelines should have you set.

Michele R. Hayes, CPC, CEMC, CGIC

Read the questions before you read the note, that way you don't waste time.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

Do you know where I can get the 95 and 97 guidelines? I do have the study one and was hoping, I will also check out the other site you stated.

I just took (9/18/09) and passed the CEMC. I would say know Consults, teaching physician guidelines, and both sets of guidelines. I used the book The Art of E&M auditing book, which has both sets of guidelines in it and it was VERY useful. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at mflagg@hcr-manorcare.com

Mandy

Congrats Mandy!

I'm happy to hear you passed. Heck of a test wasn't it? I was so glad when I passed, the whole time I was taking the exam I was thinking I do not want to do this again!

Laura, CPC, CEMC

That is an understatment! Actually I was dead set on taking it again because I thought there was NO WAY I passed it. Quick results also, took it on Saturday and found out yesterday! YEAH!

What is passing grade?

Does anyone know what is needed to pass? I'v been told both 70% and 80%.
Thank you

Hi Mandy,

I just took (9/18/09) and passed the CEMC. I would say know Consults, teaching physician guidelines, and both sets of guidelines. I used the book The Art of E&M auditing book, which has both sets of guidelines in it and it was VERY useful. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at mflagg@hcr-manorcare.com

Mandy,
Thanks for the tip.
Is the name of the book: ENM Coding Clear and Simple by Terri Brame?

Last edited:
Hi Mandy,

Mandy

Hi Mandy,
I want to take the CEMC-exam and wanted to know the exact name of the Art of E&M auditing book that you used which has the 1995 and 19997 guidelines?
Thanks,
Bharati Prabhu-CPC-A
email:bharatip@hotmail.com